Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My New Kitchen



I love my new kitchen. As you can see from the photo, it's still very much a work in progress, but much less so than I was anticipating. I've built two kitchens from scratch over the years, and the process has always been expensive and stressful. It was nearly miraculous this time around to find a space that has been used as a kitchen in the past. It already had the plumbling, electricity, and ventilation that I needed.

This spot is a commercially zoned property in the heart of a residential neighborhood, right near the arboretum. It was a grocery store 100 years ago and it's been used by a number of different catering companies more recently. A friend of mine worked for a company that operated out of this space nearly twenty years ago so I'd been there (though the layout was really different at that point.) But when I saw the listing on Craig's List I knew exactly what it was, and I went for it. I can't wait to start cooking there later this week.

No comments: