Monday, October 27, 2008

Magnolia Retrospective



Saturday was the last day of the season at the Magnolia Farmers' Market. It was kind of slow, as it's been for most of the past month and a half. Many of the customers who did show up were sad that it was ending. I told them honestly that personally, I was thrilled. When spring comes around I'm going to be very excited to start again, but right now I'm more than ready to slow down.

Magnolia is, and probably always will be, a small market. It's the kind of venue that attracts a limited following of committed customers, so it's important to stick it out over time and get established. I've been there for 2 years, and this season was a little better than last season. But both years things slowed down dramatically after Labor Day, so I do hope they plan a shorter season next year.

No comments: