Friday, June 20, 2008

Opening Day at the Queen Anne Farmers' Market



Yesterday was opening day at the Queen Anne Farmers' Market, held in the parking lot of the McClure Middle School, on 1st Ave. West and West Crockett St. I took this picture from inside my booth because I was too busy to get out from behind my table. That's exciting.

The Queen Anne Market is starting its second season, after a neighborhood organization, Queen Anne Neighbors for Responsible Growth, decided they wanted one in their own backyard. They partnered with the folks who run the Ballard, Madrona, and Wallingford markets, got a startup grant, and set it all in motion.

My company is now operating at full steam, vending at 8 markets each week. Two ran all winter, another started up at the beginning of May, and the rest opened over the course of the past six weeks. Things feel pretty smooth, and we all seem to be learning and eating well.

No comments: