Friday, September 5, 2008

Queen Anne Market's New Location



The Queen Anne Farmers' Market moved half a block south yesterday, to the walkway connecting 1st Ave. W. and 2nd Ave. W, just south of the community center and north of the soccer field.

I'd been dreading the move, having heard horror stories from vendors about their experiences last year. From what I heard, customers somehow couldn't find their way to a spot half a block south of the summer location, and the loading situation was a nightmare because you couldn't drive right up to your spot.

I got lucky, and was assigned a booth space close to the street, so I didn't have to carry my stuff very far. Supposedly my end was the slower end last year, but there was plenty of traffic, in fact, I had the best day I'd had in months at that market.

The area was also grassy, so it was a pleasant and sunny and much easier to stand on all day than concrete or asphalt.

No comments: