Thursday, October 1, 2009

Harvest Farm Tour 2009



This past Saturday we set up the booth at Ames Creek Farm, as part of the 2009 Harvest Farm Tour. The farm was bought by the PCC Farmland Trust a few years ago, and it's farmed by Full Circle Farm, Growing Things, and the Children's Garden, our neighbor in the photo.

On some level it wasn't a great day. We sold a lot less food than we did the other 2 times we've participated in the tour, although we certainly didn't lose money. PCC Cooks was giving away samples-tasty, generous samples--and it's hard to compete with free food. And the health inspector got under my skin. He didn't really find anything wrong, but he stayed much longer than it's appropriate for a health inspector to stay.

Still, I'm really glad I did this event, and I'd be more than happy to do it again next year. I'm so glad to be part of this community, and there's nothing quite like setting up shop in an open field, with farmland in the background.

No comments: