Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goodies Mediterranean Market



I stumbled across a wonderful new store the other day. Goodies Mediterranean Market is located on Lake City Way just north of 135th St., on the west side of the street. When I drove by it struck me as such an incongruous place for a little grocery that I had to stop and check it out.

I was impressed by the selection of spices and Middle Eastern products, and the produce prices were extremely reasonable. And there was some interesting stuff I'd never seen anywhere else before, like freekeh--a cereal made from young wheat--and green almonds. And I picked up half a gallon of Lebanese olive oil (I love Lebanese olive oil) for under $20.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have also been to Goodies! What a great store, owned by an awesome family. They will help you with any questions you might have, and the prices are good. The owner told me that they'll have their website up and running in a few days.