Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Beginning of the End



  1. Yesterday's Columbia City Market was wet and dreary. I mostly stayed in the cab of the truck reading a book, letting my staff take care of business. I figure I've done my time, during those wet, January 40 degree days, and I'll be doing it again soon enough.

A dreary day in late August feels different than a dreary day in late July. In July it's usually just a blip in a pattern of mostly friendly weather. In late August it's a glimpse of the long season that will be with us soon enough.

I heard the Kirkland market actually shut down early yesterday. I've never been at a market that shut down early, although I've been to plenty of markets that were worse than this one. In any case, the weather today is supposed to be better.

No comments: