Monday, August 11, 2008

Best Pretzels in Town



On Saturday at the Magnolia Farmers' Market I worked next to Allison from Heavenly Pastries, whose pretzels just won the Weekly's Best of Seattle endorsement for "Best Pretzel Outside Pennsylvania." She hadn't even known about the distinction until a customer told her at the Madrona market on Friday.

I love her pastries, which are consistently perfect renditions of classic items like chocolate chip cookies and lemon scones. I'm also really grateful to have a source of savory baked goods, like cheese and jalapeno scones, and these wonderful pretzels, which are now getting some of the acclaim they deserve. There aren't enough savory pastries in the world.

2 comments:

allison Barnes said...

Devra,

I love your blog !
Thank you for your kind comments.

It's a blast being vendor buddies with you.

Allison

LaurieA-B said...

These pretzels are delicious; I'm glad to hear they were recognized in the Weekly. Heavenly's tiny lemon scones are one of my favorite market treats.