Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Rough Week



It's been a rough week or so. It started when I burned my hand at the Ballard Market last weekend. Burns are an occupational hazard--they happen all the time--but this one was the worst I'd had in quite a few years. Later the same day I smashed the back window of my truck's canopy trying to close it on some stuff that was poking out. A few days later the compressor on my reach-in cooler went down-that's like having to replace your car's engine. On top of that, it poured on the two days when I usually have my busiest markets.

And yet, every time I start feeling sorry for myself I keep coming back to the thought of how lucky I am, doing work I love and making ends meet. Nobody said it was going to be easy, and for now I still can't imagine doing anything else.

No comments: